Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back Under the Umbrella

The first thing I read in 2010 was Umbrella Academy Vol. 2: Dallas. Actually, I started it on New Year's Eve but I read the majority on New Year's Day, so I'm counting it for this year.

This comic features time-traveling killers who were giant animal masks and are addicted to sugar, a monkey in a Marilyn Monroe wig, an interesting subplot, sibling rivalries, fashion, obesity, the death of President Kennedy, and the destruction of Earth. Gerard Way knows how to write a weird and fun comic but it wouldn't be all it is without the wonderful artwork of Gabriel Ba (who is adeptly assisted by colorist Dave Stewart). It's a blast and if everything I read in 2010 is around the same quality, it will be a very good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment