Monday, August 23, 2010

Race For Food

I have plenty of TV shows to watch, enough that it feels like I'm always trying to catch up. I don't need to find new shows but I always want to. I'm now hooked on The Great Food Truck Race on Food Network. In fact, I chose to watch last night's episode today over the new Mad Men and True Blood (though to be fair, I didn't have time to watch a full episode and knew I'd rather save those two for when I did have more time to devote).

The premise is simple: seven food trucks race across the country with stops along the way. At those stops, they have 48 hours to sell as much as they can. The team with the least amount of profit goes home and to keep things fair, each team starts with the same amount of seed money at each stop. The rest is up to them.

The seven teams have different cuisine and different personalities, of course. I find myself rooting for Grill 'Em All, who deal in outrageous burgers like the one that is between two grilled cheese sandwiches. I like how their name plays off of Metallica and the art on the truck follows suit. I'd like to eat one of their burgers (though not that grilled cheese one - yikes!). In fact, I'd like to try everyone's food but that's one of the perils of watching a food show.

So far, the teams have stopped in San Diego and Santa Fe and two teams are already gone. With five teams left, there won't be many episodes and maybe that's a good thing with my schedule. I'm going to keep watching no matter what, though, because it's a fun show.

No comments:

Post a Comment