Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Double Dinosaur

During the time I was reading Interfictions 2, I was also reading another book. That's a rare event for me; I usually like to concentrate on only one book at a time. I also like leaving some space between reading short stories, so I decided to also read Chuck Klosterman's Eating the Dinosaur. It worked out well.

I've always meant to read Klosterman but just never got around to him. He's a pop culture critic but he likes to use bits of pop to talk about deeper issues (or sometimes shallow ones). He's funny and his essays are all entertaining. In this book he writes about ABBA, football, Weezer, canned laughter on soundtracks, Garth Brooks, truth, irony, Ralph Sampson, interviews, the link between Nirvana and David Koresh, and much more. It's definitely worth a read.

And since reading 2 books at once worked out well, I'm thinking about delving into 3 at once over the next few days. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment